Respect. Inspiration. Perseverance.
A welcome from the Associate Headteacher...
Welcome to Dersingham Primary School. Our website aims to give you a snapshot of our school, as well as providing important information for the whole school community. We hope that you enjoy your visit and find the website informative and helpful.
As a school, we are committed to providing the very very best learning opportunities for your child in a safe, secure and friendly community environment. As part of my commitment to raising standards, we are excited to deliver a bespoke curriculum linked to the full statutory national curriculum. All pupils at Dersingham will have the opportunity to learn to speak a language, learn to play an instrument, learn to swim and to visit many places of interest. Preparing pupils for life in Modern Britain and the demands of the 21st Century is a key focus. This means that we have a strong emphasis on using technology as a learning tool and that all of our children have access to a range of technology, including the use of netbooks and tablets.
There is no limit on how well all pupils can achieve. I have the highest expectations for all of our children, and as a school, we expect them to aim high and to achieve their full potential. I feel it is important that pupils at Dersingham achieve academically as well as developing their personal and social skills, both in and out of school. I, together with my staff, have a strong belief in good behaviour and good manners with an emphasis on caring for each other and taking on responsibility. We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website and that you find it informative and helpful. If you would like to arrange a visit to our school, please contact the main office.
Lando Du Plooy
- Important27 April 2018Parent Governor Election ResultFollowing the recent election, Mrs Sahida Hussain has been elected as Parent Governor for the CPD Federation. We look forward to working with her as we continue to strive for excellence here at Dersingham. Many thanks to all who voted.
- Event4 March 2018Home Learning ExhibitionThe postponed Home Learning Exhibitions will now take place on Wednesday 7th March 2018. KS1 will be held at 9am-10am and KS2 from 2pm-3pm. Both exhibitions will take place in the KS1 Hall. We look forward to seeing you all there.
- Event4 March 2018World Book DayWe will now be celebrating World Book Day on Thursday 8th March 2018 after the postponement. We're looking forward to seeing you in costume as a book character!
- Important4 March 2018School Open Monday 5th MarchSchool will be open as usual from Monday 5th March. Thanks for bearing with us while we fixed the heating issues.
- General4 March 2018WelcomeWelcome to our new school app - SchoolPing. This will be how we will communicate with parents regarding school closures from now on. On the app, you'll be able to access our school calendar, receive messages from your child's class teacher, receive letters and give your permission as well as book appointments for parents evening.